Madlib, Peanut Butter Wolf, The Hundreds and 101 Minutes of A Tribe Called Quest
After screening the current cut of our A Tribe Called Quest documentary directed by Michael Rapaport last night to a handful of friends, who were both in and out of the know, I thought it would be a good time to give a little low down on where we’re at with our Low End theorists:
- Announced last month, Stones Throw’s ringleader Peanut Butter Wolf has joined our production as music supervisor in addition to the beat conductor Madlib coming aboard as the film’s composer. Needless to say, music to our ears!
- After spending the last week and half holed up in Mike’s back room with our trusty director, producer Ed Parks and do-it-all wonder woman Debra Koffler, I’ve managed to cut 20 minutes off of the film while keeping the fun, drama, music and integrity all in tact. The current running time is clocking in at 101 minutes of fury.
- And finally, during last week’s cutting sessions we were given a much needed breather as the good man Bobby from The Hundreds came by for a quick interview with Rapaport as he dished the details and his vision for our film.
Mike, Ed and I in the cut
More on the Questers:
- J Dilla’s Documentary by Stussy
- FRIDAY (March 5): Phife Dawg & Ali Shaheed Muhammad Go Down Low
- WEDNESDAY (Jan. 20): Mind Body Soul w/ Phife Dawg & Friends Hosted by Michael Rapaport NYC
- Finding a Way with Tribe
- On a Quest With A Tribe Called Quest