Beats, Rhymes & Life Los Angeles Film Festival Tickets Onsale Now!
The time has finally come to bring our baby home as Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest comes full circle and back to where we started this Qrazy (with a capital Q!) filmmaking journey: Los Angeles. After exhilarating and well received runs at the Sundance, Tribeca and Hot Docs film festivals, the stage is set for our final festival premiere before going theatrical (more on that to come) as the LA Film Festival hosts the Los Angeles premiere of director Michael Rapaport’s Beats, Rhymes & Life at the famed Ford Amphitheatre on Friday, June 24th at 8:30pm.
Tickets for this special evening under the stars are now on sale for only $13 a pop and is hosted by KCRW featuring live DJ sets by KCRW’s Dan Wilcox, Anthony Valadez and Garth Trinidad. And who knows who else might show up unannounced?!?!
Also…our brand new theatrical poster (above) was created by one of my favorite artists, my homeboy who’s responsible for our film’s awesome animations, the amazing James Blagden (yup, the dude responsible for the classic Doc Ellis’ & The LSD No-No)! Look for it currently gracing the walls of a theater near you! (Angelinos can find it live and direct at the Arclight Hollywood)Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest Friday, June 24th, 8:30pm Ford Amphitheatre
From the LA Film Fest:
“As Beats, Rhymes & Life begins, the rappers who anchored pioneering group A Tribe Called Quest are already going their separate ways. As youths in the mid-’80s, the Queens-born foursome of Tribe—Q-Tip, Phife Dawg, Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Jarobi White—found success with their exhuberant exploration and combination of hip hop, pop and jazz. But in recent years, Q-Tip, the band’s visionary and reluctant pop star, has tired of the street-bred capriciousness of his lyrical partner Phife, who is equally frustrated with Q-Tip. How these two friends and musical partners got to this state forms the guts of actor-turned-filmmaker Michael Rapaport’s candid and combustible documentary.”
More questing with the Questers:
- Beats, Rhymes & Life: Tribeca Exclusive The Low End Theory Clip
- Beats, Rhymes & Life Tribeca Film Festival Ticket Info
- OFFICIAL: Sony Pictures Classics to Distribute Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest!
- Premieres, Parties, Positives & Phife Dawg-Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest @ Sundance 2011
- Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest Premiering @ The Sundance Film Festival
- Sundance Comes Calling for A Tribe Called Quest!
- In the Cut with A Tribe Called Quest, Madlib & Peanut Butter Wolf
- COVERAGE: A Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang and Snoop Rocked the Bells
- A Tribe Called Quest Midnight Marauds @ Rock the Bells This Summer!
- Madlib, Peanut Butter Wolf, The Hundreds and 101 Minutes of A Tribe Called Quest
- J Dilla’s Documentary by Stussy
- FRIDAY (March 5): Phife Dawg & Ali Shaheed Muhammad Go Down Low
- WEDNESDAY (Jan. 20): Mind Body Soul w/ Phife Dawg & Friends Hosted by Michael Rapaport NYC
- Finding a Way with Tribe
- On a Quest With A Tribe Called Quest
Tags: A Tribe Called Quest, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, animation, Anthony Valadez, Arclight Cinemas, Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called , Dan Wilcox, editing, event, film, Ford Amphitheatre, Garth Trinidad, Hollywood, Hot Docs, James Blagden, KCRW, LA, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Film Festival, Michael Rapaport, music, opening, Phife Dawg, Q-Tip, Sundance Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival, video